Are you a woman who . . .
• Is concerned with sexual assault and other violence-against-women issues in your community?
• Would like to work as a volunteer (by telephone) on the “Women’s Sexual Assault Help Line”, from the convenience of your home?
• Wants to improve your listening and support skills?
• Is looking for an excellent educational opportunity?
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, please join us for a 30-hour training and educational opportunity. The focus of this training session is to prepare volunteers for our agency's 24/7 "Women's Sexual Assault Help Line", which provides support and referrals to female survivors of sexual assault.
Our course covers a wide range of topics that deal with Sexual Assault and violence against women. The course includes:
• Area Resources
• Agency Information and Protocols
• Intervention Skills
• Sexual Assault
• Discrimination and Prejudice
• Dating Violence
• Self-Harming Behaviours
• Legal Information
• Self Care
For more information, please contact:
Linda at (705) 646-2122 or
We are also looking for volunteers to assist other agency activities that do not require formal training.
• special events
• fundraising initiatives
• drop-in programs
• the Board of Directors
OUR TRAINING PROGRAM IS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!